- 1 Why is my account disabled?
- 2 How do I access CAEDM from my home computer?
- 3 How do I share files?
- 4 I deleted a file. How do I get it back?
- 5 I can't find the program I need for my homework in the start menu. Where are all the programs?
- 6 I tried to print, but I only see an option for the "CAEDM" printer. Where are the printers?
- 7 Where can I save my files?
- 8 Where can I make a website?
Why is my account disabled?
How do I access CAEDM from my home computer?
- Most CAEDM services can be accessed from home, on campus from your laptop, and, in some cases, even your phone. For complete details, see Remote Computing.
- If you are working in a group with other students with CAEDM accounts, the easiest way to share files is with a CAEDM group. Everyone in your group will have a common folder on their J Drive where you can all save your work. Your group's files will be backed up every night. If you are sharing files with someone who does not have a CAEDM account, you can use either OwnCloud or Temporary FTP.
I deleted a file. How do I get it back?
I tried to print, but I only see an option for the "CAEDM" printer. Where are the printers?
- Choose the "CAEDM" printer and it will bring up a dialog box that allows you to choose from a list of printers in both CAEDM and department computer labs.
Where can I save my files?
- We highly recommend you save your work on the J Drive. It's accessible virtually everywhere, and it's backed up every night. You are given a generous quota, but if that's not enough space, you may want to investigate scratch space, or temporary local storage. If you are using a group, your group quota is separate from your own user quota.
Where can I make a website?
- By default, every CAEDM account has a www folder on the J Drive. Files placed in the www folder are accessible on the web at http://www.et.byu.edu/~username. Every CAEDM group also has a www folder in it's group filespace. The group folder may be accessed on the web at http://groupname.groups.et.byu.net/