The Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) and The VMWare Academic Program allow students and faculty to download software programs for academic-related, non-commercial purposes.
Some examples of what is available include:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- MS Project
- Visual Studio
- VMware eLearning
- VMware ESX vSphere 4
- Advanced VMware Fusion for Mac
- VMware vCenter Lab Manager 4.0
- VMware vCenter Server Standard
- VMware Workstation for Linux
- VMware Workstation for Windows
- ...and much more...
- Goto the CAEDM MSDNAA website or VMWARE Academic program website.
- Log in using your CAEDM account; no additional setup is required.
- Sufficient disk space to download and setup the products you download (this is often at least double what is required)
- A fast internet connection
- A Windows computer
- A web browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer are both supported)
- Also, be sure to read the license for each software product, as it is different from commercially acquired software. Most of the licenses prohibit for-profit work with the software.
- Thin Clients may not have sufficient disk space to download files from MSDNAA. Use one of the scanner computers.
Solidworks FREE for students
Free copy of SolidWorks and
Free SolidWorks certification exams (quantity limited)
Available to registered BYU Engineering students
Please email your request to:
Include your major, your year in school and NetId
Other Free Software
BYU also offers additional free software for students, faculty and staff. For example, it has free Symantec AntiVirus Protection for Windows and Mac for students.
To download the software available through BYU visit the following URL: http://software.byu.edu